Last Updated on December 9, 2023 by Administrator
The Society For Constitutional Law Discussion is organising a Career Talk on Application for LAMP Fellowship on 12th December 2023.
About The Society For Constitutional Law Discussion
The Society For Constitutional Law Discussion (TSCLD) was established by the students of Chanakya National Law University, Patna, with a vision to provide a platform for public discourse and deliberation vis-à-vis Constitutional Law. The Society, through its E-Magazine and Blogs, intends to serve as a platform for students, academicians, and practitioners to engage in Constitutional law discussion and writing. The Constitution gives us the first and last hope for rights, liabilities, and justice. TSCLD provides a platform where you can write and express your opinion on different issues related to Constitutional Law fearlessly.
About the LAMP Fellowship
The Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament (LAMP) Fellowship is a unique and an exciting opportunity for young Indians to learn law-making and public policy. LAMP Fellows are mentored by a Member of Parliament (MP) and work full-time with the assigned MP during a given year, starting from the Monsoon session of Parliament till the end of the Budget session. The primary role of a LAMP Fellow is to provide extensive research support to her/his MP for their parliamentary work. This includes drafting parliamentary questions for the MP, preparing the MP’s speeches for zero hour debates, raising matters of public importance, drafting private members’ bills, etc.
When Parliament is not in session, LAMP Fellows engage with policymakers, experts from various think tanks, academicians from several leading universities, and leaders from diverse public policy institutions through participation in workshops on important policy and development issues. LAMP Fellows also participate in field visits during the inter-session period for a practical exposure to governance at the ground level.
Applications for Session 2024-25 are open till 23rd December 2023.
- Provide a concise understanding of the LAMP Fellowship’s role in shaping young Indians’ understanding of law-making and public policy.
- Clarify the application process, qualifications, and timeline for the upcoming Session 2024-25 to guide interested candidates.
- Assist interaction with prior fellows to gain firsthand insights and guidance, fostering a sense of community and support.
- Format: The webinar will consist of a career talk and interactive Q&A sessions. Past LAMP Fellows will share their experience and insights into the application process.
- Target Audience: Students, preferably in their final year.
- Venue: Online
- Date & Time: 12th December 2023 [2:00 PM to 3:00 PM]
- Ms Vibhuti Sharma (LAMP Fellow 2022-23): Ms Vibhuti Sharma, after graduating from Chanakya National Law University, was selected for the LAMP Fellowship and got the incredible opportunity to be mentored by a Member of Parliament (MP). Her role involved providing extensive research support to the MP for their parliamentary work, including drafting parliamentary questions, preparing speeches for zero-hour debates, raising matters of public importance and drafting private members’ bills. She subsequently worked as a Young Professional at the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Mr. Shivam Ninan (LAMP Fellow 2020-21): Mr. Shivam Ninan holds a B.A. LL.B. degree from Chanakya National Law University, who served as the Legislative Assistant to Syed Nasir Hussain, WHIP, Rajya Sabha. Currently, Mr. Shivam wears multiple professional hats. He is the Founder of Socio Legal Corp, a platform dedicated to advancing social and legal initiatives. Concurrently, he serves as a Contributor and Consultant to S & P Global, showcasing a versatile skill set in both the legal and corporate domains.
Registration for this workshop is free of cost. Interested participants can register using the online registration form available here.
An e-certificate of participation will be provided to all the registered participants who attend the session. Attendance will be marked during the session.
In case of any queries or suggestions, do not hesitate to contact the undersigned:
Ms. Tejaswini Kaushal, Event Coordinator at email@example.com.