By Aanchal Rawat
Junior Advocate at Office of Adv HP Advant, Pune [Freshers Eligible; 2 Advocates]: Apply Now!
Role and Responsibilities of the Junior Advocate
Work involves drafting commercial contracts and court appearances in litigation matters at Pune and Mumbai.
- Bachelor’s in Law (LLB/BA LLB /BSL LLB) and Certificate of Practice
- Must be fluent in English and Marathi
- Must be well conversant with commercial and procedural laws.
- Must be able to drive, and have own vehicle (two-wheeler)
- Freshers may apply.
Salary commensurate with industry standards
How to Apply?
Send your CV along with a cover letter to the email address given below.
Email: Jrassociate@advant.in | email@example.com
Flat #08, Aarohi Bldg, Ambarnil CHS, Off ITI Rd, Sanewadi, S.No.128/4, Final Plot No.19, Aundh, Pune – 411007. Lane between- Cosmos Bank and Reliance Footprint
Assistant Officer Trainee (Law) Recruitment by POWERGRID through CLAT 2022 [8 Vacancies]: Apply by June 18
Full-time 3-year LLB or 5-year integrated Law course with not less than 60% marks or equivalent CGPA as per the formula provided by the Institute/ University.
Final Year / Semester students of academic session 2021-22, who expect their results by August 31, 2022 may also be considered eligible, provided they obtain minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/ years up to pre-final examination while applying.
28 years as on June 18, 2021
Rs. 40,000 during the training period
On successful completion of training and upon regularization, the candidate will be absorbed as Officer (Law) in E2 scale: Rs. 50,000/-
Interested & eligible candidates will have to appear for Common Law Admission Test – CLAT 2022 applicable for admission to Post-Graduation Courses. Candidates obtaining the minimum qualifying marks shall only be eligible for the next stage of selection.
The minimum marks required in CLAT-2022 (for admission to LLM/ PG Courses) shall be as per the Qualifying Marks set by CLAT Authorities. In absence of any Qualifying Marks set by CLAT, the following shall be treated as the Minimum.
Qualifying Marks in CLAT for consideration of candidates for next stages of selection process in POWERGRID:
- UR Vacancy: 40%
- Reserved Vacancy: 30%
The selection process will include the marks obtained by the eligible candidates in the CLAT 2022, followed by Behavioral Assessment, Group Discussion and Personal Interview of the qualified candidates who are shortlisted category wise for the GD and interview.
Candidates shall have the option for appearing in the Group Discussion / Personal Interview in Hindi or English.
Short listing of Eligible candidates for GD & Interview
Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their actual marks in the CLAT 2022 for admission into LLM/ PG courses.
Qualifying Marks in GD & Interview
GD will not have any qualifying marks. Interview will have qualifying marks for different categories as mentioned below.
- Unreserved: 40%
- Reserved: 30%
Weightage to different parameters
For calculation of final score of a candidate for empanelment, the weightages assigned to CLAT 2022 marks, Group Discussion and Interview shall be as indicated below:
- Marks in CLAT 2022 (applicable for admission to LLM/ PG): 85%
- Group Discussion: 03%
- Personal Interview: 12%
Empanelment of Candidates: Candidates who qualify in the Personal Interview will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment.
How to Apply for the Associate Officer Trainee (Law) Recruitment?
- Candidates have to register themselves and appear for CLAT 2022 (applicable for admission to PG/ LLM Courses).
- Online Registration for CLAT 2022 shall close on May 9, 2022.
- For details on CLAT 2022, please visit the Consortium of NLUs.
- Application window for POWERGRID shall open from May 27, 2022 to June 18, 2022.
Candidates have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website with details of their CLAT 2022 Application No., CLAT 2022 Control Number, CLAT Roll Number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER>Job Opportunities section of www.powergrid.in.
- SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM/Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. Candidates are required to login to their candidate login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500/- through online mode only.
- Candidates will be required to retain their CLAT 2022 Admit card/Hall Ticket for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview are likely to be conducted in the months of July/ August 2022.
- Login Link (Will open from May 27, 2022) Click here for the application portal.
CLAT 2022 Online Application
- Closing date for submission of online application: May 9th, 2022
- CLAT Examination Date: June 19, 2022
- Commencement of Online Submission of Application: May 27th, 2022
- Last date for Online Submission of Application: June 18th, 2022
For any queries regarding this recruitment please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“AOT (Law) – __” in the subject line.
Candidates are required to add this email-id to their address book in order to avoid any email communication gap.
Legal Assistant at The High Court of Bombay, Aurangabad Bench [Freshers Eligible]: Apply by June 16
Duties & Responsibilities of the Legal Assistant
- To Assist the committee to keep track of all applications seeking legal aid by convicts on daily basis, obtain all documents and information of the convicts which are required for filing of appeals before the Hon’ble Supreme Court or the High Court.
- Get all documents in digitized format and send to SCLSC through e-mail, if required by SCLSC. Keep track of the cases in which conviction has been upheld by the High Court.
- As also, he/she should get the documents translated through translators wherever necessary & to prepare complete paper books for onwards transmission to Hon’ble Supreme Court Legal Services Committee.
- The Legal Assistant shall also be required to undertake any other official work including Legal Services Activities that may be assigned by the Committee.
Candidate must be Law Graduate as on the date of advertisement having a Bachelor Degree in Law from any College/University/institution established by law.
Candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 28 years of age on the date of publication of this advertisement
High Court of Bombay Bench at Aurangabad on monthly consolidated honorarium of Rs. 25,000/- for initial period and if the work is found satisfactory, the same may be increased up to Rs. 40,000/-, subject to deduction of applicable taxes, if any.
Period of Engagement
The engagement of the Legal Assistant shall be initially for a term of six months, which can be extended up to two years maximum, on the basis of satisfactory performance of the work.
- Certificate or proof of date of birth (School or College Leaving Certificate/ Birth Certificate/SSC Certificate)
- Mark Sheet and passing certificate of Matriculation, Graduation, Post Graduation, Law Graduation and other Documents/Certificates such as proficiency in computer operation, typing etc. as mentioned by candidate in the application form.
- In case of married female candidate, if she has changed her name after marriage, document regarding change of her name such as a copy of Govt.Gazette/ marriage Certificate issued by Competent Authority, etc.
- Eligibility of candidates called for Viva-voce shall be finally decided after scrutiny & verification of documents/testimonials produced.
- If any of the particulars fumished by a candidate is found to be false and/or incorrect, the candidate will not be allowed to participate in the selection process and if appointed, shall be liable to be terminated/ removed without notice. Willful/deliberate/intentional suppression of any material fact will also receive same/similar treatment.
How to Apply?
- Application should be received on or before June 16, 2022 till 5.00 PM.
- The applications received thereafter shall not be entertained.
- The envelope containing the application should be clearly labelled as “Application for the post of Legal Assistant on Contract Basis” and addressed to:
High Court Legal Services Sub-Committee,
High Court Bench at Aurangabad,
Jalna Road, Aurangabad – 431 009.
On the basis of the performance of candidates in Viva-voce, a Select List and a Wait List of candidates for above said post will be prepared as per the order of merit and the same will be displayed on the Notice Board of the office and the official website of the Bombay High Court.
Law Assistant at High Court of Judicature at Patna [16 Vacancies]: Apply by June 23
Number of Vacancies
Nationality: Must be a citizen of India
Character: Must be such as to render suitable in all respect for engagement in the service in the High Court. The decision of the Appointing Authority in this regard shall be final.
[Note: Person terminated/ dismissed by the Government or by a Local Authority or a Corporation owned or controlled by the Government or convicted of serious offences (other than those punishable with only fine) by Court of law will be deemed to be ineligible for the engagement.]
Age Limit: Minimum of 18 years of age as on the 1st January, 2022.
Minimum Educational Qualifications: Law Graduates/Post Graduates from a University/College recognized by the Bar Council of India, provided that the applicant has passed LLB/LL.M examination within 2 years from the date of detailed advertisement.
Also, their candidature must be recommended by a designated Senior Advocate of this Court or by the Head of the last Law School/College/University attended by him/her.
A final year Law student pursuing a 3-year/5-year Law Course, subject to production of provisional degree certificate on the date of his/her interview for being considered for selection. Such applicants will have to submit/upload copies of mark sheet/grade sheet attested by Head/Dean/Director of institution/ department of last preceding year (2nd year/ 4th year) along with their application forms.
Note: Candidates having familiarity with computer applications shall be preferred.
How to Apply?
Willing candidates may apply online through the link provided on the official website only after payment of the application fee.
Application fee: Rs. 250/- only
The application fee once paid shall not not be refunded under any circumstances.
The link shall remain active from Jujne 1, 2022 to June 23, 2022 till 11:55 PM, after which the link shall be disabled.
- Applications complete in all respect fulfilling required eligibility criteria, supported with required documents and legible appropriate recommendation secured not older than 03 months of date of the advertisement shall only be considered for further processing.
- The High Court administration reserves the right to conduct a screening test of the eligible candidates in case a considerable number of applications are received for engagement.
- It shall be followed by an interview for selection of suitable candidates for engagement as Law Assistant.
NOTE: Candidates must keep print out of Application Form, E-Admit Card and at least 04 (four) copies of latest coloured passport size photograph identical with the photograph uploaded in the Application Form and produce the same along with all the required certificates at the time of interview for verification of the documents.
- Selection will be made on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in examination/screening test and/ or interview and a select list shall be prepared as per the decision of the Court.
- The appointee shall have to join within the period specified in the appointment letter. Joining time may be extended upon the satisfaction of the Appointing Authority.
Empanelment of Advocates as Counsels by University Grants Commission (UGC): Apply by June 21
The Counsel engaged by UGC will fall into two categories viz.:-
- Standing Counsel (s)
- Panel Counsel (s)
- Standing Counsel: In order to be eligible for appointment as Standing Counsel, a person should:
- Be enrolled/ registered as an advocate with the Supreme Court/ High Court
- Have a minimum experience of ten years of handling Civil/ Criminal/Service matter cases. Preference will be given to the counsels who have dealt earlier with matters pertaining to academic/education institutions and statutory bodies.
- Panel Counsel: In order to be eligible for appointment as panel counsel, the person should:
- Be enrolled/ registered as an advocate with the Supreme Court/High Court.
- Have a minimum relevant experience of five years of handling Civil/Criminal/Service matter cases. Preference will be given to the counsels who have dealt earlier with matters pertaining to academic/education institutions and statutory bodies.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Counsel shall perform the following duties:
- Represent UGC before Hon’ble Supreme Court/High Court and other judicial bodies;
- Provide legal advice to UGC on civil, criminal , service and such other matters arising in the course of administration of the commission as are referred to him/her including:
- Examination and drafting of legal documents;
- Drafting of applications, petitions etc, to be filed in various courts of Law;
- Prompt removal/ curing of defects in appeals/petitions filed; as may be pointed out by the registry;
- Apply for the copy of judgment from the court in cases attended by him/her and supply the copy of judicial pronouncements at the earliest but not later than Three days from the date of order (excluding the time taken by the court in preparation of the copy);
- If required, render all assistance to Special or Senior Counsel engaged in a particular case before the Supreme Court, High Courts and other judicial bodies;
- Keep UGC informed and updated on all important developments in the designated cases, dates of hearing, order of the court on the date of its pronouncement, supplying copy of judgments etc;
- Furnish monthly statement about the cases represented by him/ her before the High Court or any other authority and their outcomes.
- Perform such other duties of legal nature which may be assigned to him/ her by UGC.
- When any case attended to by him/her is decided against the Commission, give considered opinion regarding the advisability of filing an appeal from such a decision not later than Three working days of the order (Kuchha copy).
- Provide a weekly statement of the cases of UGC to be listed on the coming week.
How to Apply?
The Interested Counsels/ Law companies/firms which are desirous to be considered for empanelment and have adequate experience in dealing with legal matters pertaining to academics/ education/autonomous bodies may apply online by assessing the link at the end of this post.
Duration of Engagement
The empanelment will be for a duration of 3 (three) years
Apply for empanelment as Standing Counsels and Panel Counsels for UGC the by June 21, 2022