Institute of Constitutional and Parliamentary Studies (ICPS), a premier research
institute, headed by the Hon’ble Speaker, Lok Sabha and maintained by Lok Sabha
Secretariat, Parliament of India invites application for Basic Certificate Courses on varios subjects/topics.
About the Institute
The Institute of Constitutional and Parliamentary Studies (ICPS) is a premier research institute. It is headed by the Hon’ble Speaker, Lok Sabha and maintained by the Lok Sabha Secretariat, Parliament of India. The Institute was inaugurated by the then President of India and Chief Patron of the Institute (late) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, in the Central Hall of Parliament House, New Delhi, on 10 December 1965.
This is a distinctive institute in the field of Constitutional and Parliamentary Studies. It provides a bridge between the statesman, academicians, researchers and others working in this field.
The Institute was created with the objective of organizing academic, research and
training programmes in the fields of Constitutional and Parliamentary Studies and
thereby to serve as an amalgam of an advanced research center in the field of
constitutional and parliamentary studies, as well as a vehicle for popular dissemination of democratic values in the country.
About the Basic Certificate Courses
In pursuance of its objects, the Institute inter alia organizes the following Basic Certificate Courses in:
- Legislative Process in Parliament (BCC-LPP)
- Financial Business in Parliament (BCC-FBP)
- Electoral System in India (BCC-ESI)
- Parliamentary Privileges (BCC-PP)
- Evolution of Parliamentary Practices and Procedures (BCC-EPP)
- Constitutional Values (BCC-CV)
- Kautilya’s Arthashastra in Contemporary Statecraft (BCC-KACS)
- Sustainable Development Goals 2030 and Indian Constitution (BCC-SDG)
- Parliamentary Diplomacy (BCC-PD)
- Personal Effectiveness & Team Building (BCC-PETB)
- Effectiveness Writing Skills (BCC-EWS)
- Local Self Government – Panchayati Raj (BCC-LGPR)
Duration of Courses
Basic Certificate Courses span over a period of 8-12 hours each
No fee to be charged
Number of Seats
50 in each Course
Candidates having scored a minimum of 50% marks in their 12th standard or
intermediate examination may apply for the Courses.
Those registered and pursuing academic programmes in regular mode in other
educational institutions may also enroll for and pursue the Courses.
How to Apply
Application Form (in MS Word format) is available on Institute’s Webpage, or you can download it from the link given at the end of this post and fill and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuing More than One Course Simultaneously
Subject to the availability of seats and time slots for the conduct of classes, candidates may register for and pursue more than one Course simultaneously.
Procedure for Admission
|First Stage||Receipt of applications and registration thereof in chronological order of date of receipt (till the last date of receipt of applications) and preparation of a list on the basis thereof.|
|Second Stage||Scrutiny of applications to ascertain the eligibility of the candidates and preparation of a comprehensive list of eligible candidates.|
|Third Stage||Offering admission to the candidates as per the number of seats notified/ available.|
|Fourth Stage||Offering admission to the candidates against unfilled seats, if any.|
The schedule for the conduct of classes will be notified separately or along with ‘Notification for Admission to the Basic Certificate Courses’.
Besides the Course Coordinator, the course curriculum will be delivered by the
Resource Persons from outside of the Institute (academicians and professionals
possessing expertise in the domain area).
Resource Persons of following categories are usually invited to deliver lectures:
- Senior faculty members usually not below the rank of Associate Professor from Central Universities, Institutes of National Importance, premier research/training institutes like IIPA, ILI, ISTM, etc., and other renowned institutions of higher education and learning in India
- Officers (in-service/ superannuated) usually not below the rank of Director from Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha Secretariats
- Officers (in-service/ superannuated) usually not below the rank of Director from Union Ministries of Law & Justice, Parliamentary Affairs, etc.
- Officers (in-service/ superannuated) usually not below the rank of Director from the Election Commission of India, Comptroller-General of India, etc.
- Eminent and outstanding professionals/ experts of repute in the domain area.
The Resource Persons are requested to indicate the sources of study relating to the
respective theme delivered by them. Also, any study material provided by the Resource Persons is circulated/ forwarded to the candidates.
All those candidates who attend 60 percent of the lectures arranged will be awarded a certificate.
Institute’s library has some of the good sources on the themes included in the course curriculum, which the candidates may refer as per extant library rules.
The Institute shall strive to adhere to the schedule and conditions indicated above
under normal circumstances. However, it reserves the right to modify/ amend the
schedule and conditions indicated above in view of any unforeseen exigencies. The
decision of the Director-General in that event shall be final and binding.