Last Updated on December 30, 2022 by Administrator
CNLU National Mediation Competition, 2023, is being organized by the Chanakya Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution in association with India’s leading law firms, PSL Advocates & Solicitors and Singhania & Partners LLP. The Competition is scheduled to be held in a hybrid manner, with the Preliminary and the Quarterfinal Rounds to be held in a virtual mode on 21st-22nd January 2023 and the Semi-Final and the Final Round to be held physically at the Chanakya National Law University Campus on 11th February 2023.
Chanakya National Law University came into being on 15th July 2006 under the Chanakya National Law University Act, 2006 (Bihar Act No. 24 of 2006) and included in sections 2(f) & 12(B) of the U.G.C. Act, 1956.
The Chanakya Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CCADR) was established at Chanakya National Law University, Patna, in the year 2021, promoting academic research on themes pertaining to resolving disputes. With the establishment of this research centre, we aim to develop a congenial environment for students and researchers to further their interest in ADR, which enables skill development and helps us compete at the national and international levels. CCADR will strive to promote Lok Adalat as an indigenous means of the dispute resolution process, involve in the policy framework related to ADR, and encourage law students to take up activities in the field of ADR by conducting competitions, workshops, and encouraging research.
About CNLU National Mediation Competition, 2023
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Language: The Official Language of the competition, for all purposes, shall be English. All written and oral submissions shall be made in English.
- Platform: The Preliminary & Quarter-Final rounds of the competition shall be held virtually, through Zoom. The Semi-Final and Final Rounds shall take place in physical mode.
- Code of Conduct: Competition Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any team for any kind of misconduct on the part of any member of the team, during the Competition. In case of any doubt, the decision of the Competition Administrator shall be final and binding upon all the interested parties.
- In case of any changes in the Competition, such changes shall be available on the website of CCADR (http://www.ccadr.cnlu.ac.in/nmc-2023/). The participants are liable for not being aware of the changes being made to the competition if any.
2. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Only Law Colleges/Universities recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate. Only bonafide students pursuing L.L.B. three/five-year degree programs in the aforementioned institutions during the current academic year are eligible to participate.
- Dates of the Competition are January 21-22, 2023, for the Virtual Rounds (Preliminary and Quarterfinal) and February 11, 2023, for the Offline Rounds (Semi-Final and Final).
3. COMPOSITION OF TEAMS
- Each team shall consist of three (03) participants: one mediator and one client-counsel pair (Negotiating Team). However, the roles of the mediator and the client-counsel pair cannot be interchanged, in any rounds.
- All teams shall be participating in the Preliminary rounds, however, only the teams and Mediators that qualify for the Semi Final Rounds shall be invited to the University for the physical rounds.
4. REGISTRATION & FEES
- The Competition shall be first open for provisional registration for universities, through which each University can book a maximum of two slots. The Provisional Registration link can be accessed here— https://forms.gle/nZz6bWjLTkidwnTG6.
- Maximum of 2 teams from one University can participate in the competition. Post provisional registration, teams need to complete the process of final registration, within a specified time
- period. The Final Registration link can be accessed here— https://forms.gle/WUoQi6mm8d7LNExV7.
- Teams/Participants will be required to participate in a virtual mode on January 21- 22, 2023. The teams and mediators who qualify will be required to come to the University for the Semi-Final and Final Rounds scheduled on February 11, 2023.
- Teams will be required to transfer the registration fees amounting to Rs. 4000, per team for the Online Rounds to the below-mentioned account details. The qualifying teams and mediators travelling to the University for the Offline Rounds shall be required to pay an additional Rs. 2000 per Negotiating Team and per Mediator, proof of which has to reach the organizers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 17th January 2023.
- Account details are:
- Account Name: Registrar, CNLU
- Bank: State Bank of India
- Branch: CNLU, Patna
- Account Number: 40831092400
- IFSC Code: SBIN0015996
- UPI ID: CNLU40831092400@SBI
5. SCHEDULE OF THE COMPETITION
|S. No.||Event Details||Date|
|1.||Commencement of Provisional Registration||DECEMBER 5, 2022|
|2.||Conclusion of Provisional Registration||DECEMBER 14, 2022|
|3.||Commencement of Final Registration||DECEMBER 16, 2022|
|4.||Release of General Information for Preliminary, Quarter-Final & Semi-Final Rounds||DECEMBER 20, 2022|
|5.||Clarifications Open||DECEMBER 21, 2022|
|6.||Clarifications Close||DECEMBER 31, 2022|
|7.||Release of Clarifications||JANUARY 6, 2023|
|8.||Conclusion of Final Registration||JANUARY 16, 2023|
|9.||Orientation & Mediation Training by YCM India||JANUARY 20, 2023|
|10.||Inauguration & Preliminary Round 1||JANUARY 21, 2023|
|11.||Preliminary Round 2 & Quarter-Final Rounds||JANUARY 22, 2023|
|12.||Qualifying Teams to Reach CNLU Campus||FEBRUARY 10, 2023|
|13.||Semi-Final Rounds, Final Round|
& Valedictory Ceremony
|FEBRUARY 11, 2023|
- Trophy for the Winner of the Mediation Competition (Negotiating Team) Competition along with a cash prize of Rs. 20,000 and internship opportunities at PSL Advocates & Solicitors and International Arbitration and Mediation Centre, Hyderabad.
- Trophy for the Runners-up of the Mediation Competition (Negotiating Team) Competition, a cash prize of Rs. 12,000 and internship opportunities at Singhania & Partners LLP and YCM India.
- Trophy for the Winning Mediator, a cash prize of Rs. 9,000 and an internship opportunity at PSL Advocates & Solicitors and International Arbitration and Mediation Centre, Hyderabad.
- Trophy for the Runner-up Mediator, a cash prize of Rs. 6,500 and an internship opportunity at Singhania & Partners LLP and YCM India.
- Certificate of Merit for the Best Mediator (Preliminary Rounds) along with a cash prize of Rs. 5,000 and an internship opportunity at the Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration.
- Certificate of Merit for the Best Negotiating Team (Preliminary Rounds) — a cash prize of Rs. 8000 along with an Internship Opportunity at the Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration.
- For further details, refer to “CNLU NMC 2023 – Brochure and Rulebook”.
- For any query or clarification, write to us at email@example.com.
- Participants are requested to keep visiting the centre’s website for any updates.
- Or contact the undersigned: